On the third session of the OP “Science and Education for Intelligent Growth” (OP SEIG) Monitoring Committee, held on 22nd and 23rd of October in Sofia, were discussed and approved the criteria for the selection of nine operations amounting to 424,5 millions of BGN.
The new operations are within the first three priority axes of the Program. The purpose of the operations is to ensure support in the fields of the scientific researches, the lifelong education and learning and for the creation of an educational environment for active social inclusion.
OP “Science and Education for Intelligent Growth” Indicative Annual Program and Communication Plan for 2016 were approved.
Gratitude to the team of the Managing Authority of the Program was expressed by Mr. Aurelio Cecilio, Head of Unit with the Directorate-General “Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion” of the European Commission. He emphasized on the beneficial and constructive way of programming new operations, including the consideration of the opinion of all interested parties in the operations of the Sub-committee and the Thematic Work Groups with the OP SEIG Monitoring Committee.
It is expected that the Managing Authority of the OP SEIG shall prepare and approve directions for the applications in all nine approved operations:
- “Construction and Development of Centers for Excellent Achievements”
- “Construction and Development of Centers for Competences”
- “Support for Development of PhD Students, Post PhD Students, Postgraduate Students and Young Scientists”
- “Students Practices”
- “Introduction of Credits in the System of Vocational Education and Training”
- “Qualification and Re-qualification of Pedagogical Specialists”
- “Adults Literacy”
- “Qualification of Pedagogical Specialists for Work in Multicultural Environment”
- “Vulnerable Groups Support for Access to Higher Education”