BG16M1OP002-1.010 Completion of the water quantity monitoring systems
Publication date: June 24, 2016
Dead line for documents: December 30, 2016
Ministry of Environment an Water opens a direct award procedure № BG16M1OP002-1.010 „Completion of the water quantity monitoring systems“.
Specific beneficiary under the procedure is Water Management Directorate within the Ministry of Environment and Water (MEW). The Directorate manages the river basins by coordinating, participating and providing methodological guidance by development of Plans for river basin management, including planning and implementation of Water status monitoring programmes and implementation of programmes of measure within The Plans for river basin management.
According to the Water Act, the Minister of Environment and Water organizes and manages the water monitoring. The quantitative water monitoring includes measurements, observations and assessments for determination of the quantitative water status.
The expected outcome of the procedure is establishment of an optimized and improved monitoring network and monitoring program for the quantitative status of groundwater bodies and the quantity of water, as a supporting element of the ecological status of the surface water bodies. This will contribute to the implementation of one of the sub criteria from ex-ante condition 6.1 "Water sector".
The grant procedure is being implemented with the financial support of the European Union Cohesion Fund. The project will be implemented on the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria by the Water Management Directorate within MEW.
Main eligible activities under the procedure are:
1. Completion and / or optimization of the quantitative monitoring networks of the underground water in accordance with the approved Planning Methodology for the groundwater monitoring networks and programmes, including;
- Extension (optimization) planning and designing activities.
- Activities, related to new monitoring stations construction, including transboundary water bodies monitoring;
- Activities, related to equipment of existing and newly built stations with measurement devices and about automatic storage devices and/or transmission of data, according to the developed argumentations
2. Completion and / or optimization of the monitoring networks of the surface water quantity:
- Expansion (optimization) planning and design activities;
- Activities for construction of monitoring stations and the elements for them.
3. Purchase of on the spot measurement devices - portable propeller flow-meters, cable hydrometric systems, level measurement instruments, devices for data storage, etc.
4. Events conduction and participation activities;
5. Technical assistance for project preparation.
The maximum amount of the grant under the procedure is 15 million BGN.
The deadline for project proposals submission is 16.00 h on December 30, 2016.
Project under the procedure should be submitted by the applicant only by completing a web-based application form in The Unified Management Information System for the EU Structural instruments in Bulgaria (UMIS) 2020 and by signing it with an electronic signature on webpage http://eumis2020.government.bg/ .