In accordance with the regulations of the European Parliament and the Council of Europe the Managing Authority of Operational Programme on “Transport and Transport Infrastructure”, 2014-2020 (OPTTI) has sent the Annual Implementation Report for 2019 to the European Commission for review and approval.
Prior to this, the Monitoring Committee of OPTTI has approved it.
The Annual and The Final Reports for the implementation of the Operational Programme, as well as the Citizen’s Summaries, are published officially.
Among the main performance indicators of the Operational Programme on “Transport and Transport Infrastructure” 2014-2020 as of the end of 2019 the following could be outlined:
- The grands awarded are 1 572 692 359 EUR, which is 83% of the total budget of the Programme. The cerfitied expenditures are 583 912 678 EUR (31% of the budget);
- 26 km railway section “Skutare - Orizovo”, part of the railway line “Plovdiv – Burgas”, has been renovated;
- The contract for the modernization of the railway section “Elin Pelin – Vakarel” (part of the project “Elin Pelin – Kostenetz”) has been signed;
- The reconstruction of three railway stations, Karnobat, Poduyene and Iskar, has started;
- 6,5 кm under Lot 3.1 of “Struma” Motorway were completed and opened in May 2019;
- The construction of the longest road tunnel built so far in Bulgaria - “Zheleznitsa” tunnel, has started;
- Fully completed are 8 km of metro lines and 8 metro stations under the project for the central section of Line 3 of Sofia metro (from “Zhitnitza” str. to “Vladimir Vazov” blvd.). After testing, this section is planned to be put into operation in 2020.
- 20 metro trains with possibility for autonomous unmanned control have been delivered to “Zemlyane” depot;
- The construction of 4 km of metro lines and 4 metro stations continues as part of the extension of Line 3 of Sofia metro - from “Zhitnitza” str. throughout “Ovcha Kupel” R.D. to Sofia ring road where it will make an intermodal connection with the railway line “Sofia – Pernik” at “Gorna Banya” R.D.;
More detailed information could be seen in the Citizen’s Summary of the Annual Report for 2019.
After the approval of the Annual Report for 2019 from the European Commission, it will be also published on the Internet site of Operational Programme on “Transport and Transport Infrastructure”.
The information, presented in the Report is as of 31.12.2019 and the main topics covered by it are as follows:
- Key information about the implementation of the Operational Programme in 2019;
- Review of the implementation of each of the Priority Axes;
- Review of the implementation of the main and the specific indicators for the Programme;
- Financial information at Programme and Priority Axis level;
- Summary of the assessments carried out for the Programme;
- Progress of the preparation and realization of the big projects;
- Problems related to the implementation of the Programme and the measures undertaken for their solving.